CeMAP Level 3 Qualification – Modules 1, 2 & 3
CeMAP is widely recognised in the financial sector and provides you with the criteria and knowledge to obtain a “licence to practice” to legally offer mortgage advice to clients, first-time buyers and homeowners.
Becoming a Mortgage Adviser is a lucrative career choice in an industry that is already well-known for being financially rewarding and having a stable career path. People are always going to need to apply for mortgages and as a finance professional you will be able to assist with this process and help people build towards their dream home.
About the CeMAP Course
This course contains training for the three mandatory papers which are split into seven units, you will be taught the rules and regulations of the UK financial services industry, mortgage specific subjects and how to apply it all practically as a mortgage advice expert.
Once you have completed the course and the exams (not included), you will be able to help property buyers navigate their way through the specialist field of mortgages.
CeMAP 1 – UK Financial Regulations (Unit 1 and 2)
- There are three Mocks. Each Mock exam has total 100 questions (50 Multiple choice questions for each unit) and duration of 2 hours (1 hour for each unit).
CeMAP 2 – Mortgages (Unit 3,4,5 and 6)
- There are three Mocks. Each Mock exam has total 100 questions (25 Multiple choice questions for each unit) and duration of 2 hours (30 min for each unit).
CeMAP 3 – Assessment of Mortgage Advice Knowledge
- Paper 3 also has 3 mocks. Each mock is based on 6 case studies with total 60 multiple choice questions. Duration is 2 hours.
Pass marks for all mocks is 70%.
What Will I Learn?
- Explore the structure and purpose of the UK financial services industry
- Why regulation is such as important area to understand as a professional
- EU General Data Protection Regulation
- FCA Regulation and its conduct of business rule
- Legal concepts, how they are relevant to the advice you give, and how legislation and regulation work together within the financial services industry
- UK taxation and social security systems
- Dealing with compensation claims and complaints
- Interest rates and how they can affect a mortgage customer in both a positive and negative way
- The mortgage process, including types of borrower, mortgage products, the role of Mortgage Adviser and the fees that can be charged
- The need for valuations and surveys, and how these can affect the mortgage application process
- How to deal with breaches of the mortgage deed and how homeowners can be assisted if they struggle to meet payment
- The mortgage application process
- The main features of the common mortgage options, and how you can relay them to homeowners in layman’s terms
- Applying all the knowledge you’ve learned into a practical environment with realistic scenarios where you can apply mortgage solutions that adhere to the ethical and regulatory framework
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- Learn the key factors of UK financial regulation so you can understand the rules and guidelines behind your profession
- Learn the specifics of mortgage products and services
- Know how to apply your knowledge practically
- Work towards obtaining a “licence to practice”
- 24/7 access to the course materials for one year
- Tutor support available
- Extension available should you need it
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 9 or above
Safari 6 or above