CeMAP Certificate in Mortgage Advice (Modules 2 & 3)
What is the CeMAP Module 2 & 3 Online Course?
The ‘Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice’ (CeMAP) Modules 2 & 3 course takes the knowledge you gained from the CeMAP Module 1 Online course and expands that knowledge into more advanced topics. Each module is broken down as follows:
- CeMAP Module 2: This module will equip you with an in-depth understanding of the mortgage application process. You’ll learn what products are available and the issues borrowers may experience after completion, as well as get to grips with mortgage law
- CeMAP Module 3: This final module teaches you how to apply the knowledge you gained during Modules 1 & 2 to realistic scenarios you may face as a Mortgage Adviser
As UK mortgages are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), it has become mandatory for students to earn their ‘licence to practice’ by gaining the essential qualifications required to legally work in this sector, and to be able to offer professional mortgage advice.
The CeMAP Modules 2 & 3 certification is an RQF level 3 qualification, awarded by The London Institute of Banking & Finance and accredited by Ofqual and with 80% of Mortgage Advisers holding CeMAP qualifications in the UK, it has become the benchmark certification to obtain in this industry.
This online course can be accessed at a time and place that suits you, and is made up of interactive and stimulating quizzes, video tutorials and questions to help you confidently pass the exam. Upon successful completion of CeMAP Modules 2 & 3 exams (as well as the CeMAP Module 1 exam), you’ll be able to begin applying for jobs in practising firms, banks, or work as an independent Adviser.
Our students typically complete the CeMAP Modules 2 & 3 course within 6 months, (which is equivalent to around 140 hours of learning). During these 6 months, you will have full access to our eLearning training material (which can be extended if required at an additional fee).
In addition to this, you’ll also receive unlimited Tutor Support, which enables you to discuss any specific topics you are finding difficult to understand with one of our experienced mentors.
This course is eligible for a TOTUM PRO Card. Details on how to receive this card will be sent out after enrolment.
Is the CeMAP Module 2 & 3 qualification right for me?
This CeMAP Modules 2 & 3 online course has been created for students who prefer to self-study from the comfort of their own home, at a pace, location and time that suits them. If you find it easier to learn in a group setting, our CeMAP Virtual Classroom training course may be more suited to you.
There are no prerequisites to enrol on the CeMAP Modules 2 & 3 course, however it is recommended that you first complete the CeMAP Module 1 course and exam (if you have not already done so). It is also beneficial for students to have basic maths skills and be able to read and write English at an intermediate level.
Where could the qualification take me next?
CeMAP qualifications are highly recognised and are a mark of excellence in the finance industry. There is always a requirement for Mortgage Advisers and due to the shortfall of qualified candidates, students who have CeMAP certifications are currently in high demand.
Whether you wish to work as a self-employed Mortgage Adviser, or work for a bank or practising firm, you must first complete and successfully pass all 3 CeMAP modules and exams. (If you haven’t already, enrol onto the CeMAP Module 1 course and then pass the exam to earn your full CeMAP qualification).
Other job roles you could apply for include:
- Private Banking Assistant – £33k*
- Relationship Support Assistant – £33k*
- Protection Adviser – £50k*
- Business Owner – Mortgage Adviser – £30-£55k+*
Working as a Mortgage Adviser can be incredibly rewarding; as well as job satisfaction, Mortgage Advisers receive excellent commission rates. Average earnings of a Mortgage Broker in the UK start at around £30k* per year, with the potential to exceed £50k when targets have been met.
As you develop your career and grow your experience in the sector, you will have further opportunities to apply for senior managerial positions that pay considerably higher.
Why choose to study with us
As well as being the leading provider of CeMAP training in the UK with a 93% pass success, this course includes:
- Unlimited tutor support
- Practice mock exams to help you prepare for your exam
- 6 months access to our eLearning course material
- 100% online access, allowing you to study anytime, anywhere that suits you
- Updated syllabus reflecting the most recent financial regulations
- Regular webinars with our mentors for additional support
- UK Best Price Guarantee
- Interest-Free Payment Options
CeMAP Course Syllabus
Once you have successfully completed the CeMAP Modules 2 & 3 exams, you’ll be awarded with a Level 3 Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP). The topics are broken down in the following units:
CeMAP Level 2:
- Policies and practices that affect mortgages
- Mortgage Laws
- Insurance Policies
- Post completion issues and arrears
- Complete sales process in relation to mortgage advising
CeMAP Level 3:
- Assessment of mortgage advice knowledge – This assessment tests your understanding of the technical details to assess your ability to apply the knowledge covered.
By the end of this two-part course, you will:
- Learn about mortgage law, practise, policy and markets
- Understand the home buying process, mortgage products, rates and valuations
- Discover what factors can affect the value of a property and the implications this may have on buyer
- Learn the importance of planning consent regarding extensions and development
- Understand interest rates, repayment, and insurance options
- Apply your knowledge to real-life scenarios, while building up your confidence
Due to the Covid19 Coronavirus pandemic, Pearson Vue Centres are undergoing changes to their examination schedules. To find out more about the current situation, please visit the dedicated Pearson Vue Coronavirus update page.
Module 2 is a 2-hour objective exam, made up of 100 multiple-choice questions. The Module 3 exam is also a 2-hour objective exam however it consists of 6 case studies, each with 10 linked multiple-choice questions. The exams focus on the mortgage application process and how to apply all the knowledge you gained into real-world scenarios, including:
- Unit 3 – Mortgage Law, Policy, Practice and Markets
- Unit 4 – Mortgage Applications
- Unit 5 – Mortgage Payment Methods and Products
- Unit 6 – Mortgage Arrears and Post Completion Issues
- Unit 7 – Assessment of Mortgage Advice and Knowledge
Exams can be taken at any Pearson VUE test centre (150 nationwide). They are registered with Ofqual, in the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). There is a registration fee of £190 per module and you can apply anytime throughout the year. The total cost for these two exams is £380.
What is the TOTUM PRO Card?
The TOTUM PRO card is the replacement of the old NUS card, which offers discounts in a wide range of shops and websites, helping you get money off food, holidays and flights, clothes, make-up gym memberships and much more. TOTUM PRO card is aimed at professional learners, giving you access to exclusive discounts.
Where can you use your TOTUM PRO Card?
The TOTUM PRO card offers a range of discounts across a wide range of shops and websites. The list below provides a sample of the places you can receive discounts from. Click here to review the full list of shops and websites.
How to get your card
To receive your TOTUM PRO card all you need to do is enrol and pay for an eligible course (see the full list, below) and we’ll send you an email confirmation, acknowledging your eligibility for the TOTUM PRO Card. After your 14-day cooling off period has passed, we’ll send you an email confirming that your TOTUM PRO card access is now live, and you’ll be able to use the TOTUM PRO card widget in your ‘My Account’ section on our website, to order your card.
Is there a cost?
TOTUM PRO is available for a limited time only for just £14.99 for one year (usually £19.99), £24.99 for two years (usually £34.99), or £34.99 for three years (usually £44.99).
|CeMap Paper 2 & 3|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 9 or above
Safari 6 or above