Depression Management Diploma
Take your first step to help someone beat depression, because your support and encouragement can play an important role in his or her recovery!
This comprehensive course will provide you with specialist knowledge to help you recognise the signs of depression, as well as strong management techniques to help individuals overcome this disorder.
Depression is one of the most upsetting and most common disorders of the moment. You can learn step-by-step techniques that will help create strategies for helping a family member, friend or a client.
What will I Learn?
This programme will teach you a straightforward coping strategy for helping the client, family member or friend to work through and/or cope with depression.
How Will I Learn?
By enrolling onto this flexible programme consisting of 6 easy-to-digest modules, you will study and complete your course online, which means that you can enjoy the benefit of learning from anywhere, at a time that best fits around your existing commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course will give you an introduction to depression as well as an insight into causes and common signs.
On completion of the course you will:
- Discover ways in which depression can often be misunderstood and recognise three common physical symptoms of depression.
- Understand the "psychological" state of depression and symptoms of the "psychiatrically ill". Learn how depression and anxiety symptoms are linked.
- Consider the causes of the neurotic disorder of "anxiety" and discover the symptoms associated with "anxiety neurosis".
- Gain an understanding of the feelings associated with "acute anxiety attacks" and explore what is meant by a "phobia".
- Learn how depression can be linked to "physical disease".
- Discover the relationship between "stress" and "depression" and study the theories of depression.
- Recognise the "biological and environmental" theories of depression in women. Discover five common symptoms of "pre-menstrual tension", understand the condition of “post-natal depression” and recognise why women may be prone to depression at the time of "menopause".
- Explore methods of therapy for milder forms of depression and learn how friends and family can identify signs of depression.
- Explore "re-educative" therapy, such as "cognitive behavioural therapy" and learn the disadvantages of using "anti-depressants".
- Understand how medication can support and assist with the treatment of depression as well as explore coping strategies to offer advice and support to sufferers.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite to enrol on to this course.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- You will acquire important skills and knowledge to make a positive difference to friends or family members who may be suffering from this condition.
- You can use this qualification as a stepping-stone onto a rewarding professional career path in counselling.
- Once you have successfully completed all the modules for your course, you will be awarded: A Diploma.
- What is depression?
- The causes of depression
- Women & depression
- The treatment of depression
- Management & coping skills
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above