Single User License Agreement
This Single User License Agreement is between e-Careers Limited (“us”, “we” or “our”) and the individual or company, institution or entity (“you”) to whom e-Careers has agreed to supply the courses.
1. ACCEPTANCE AND TERM
By clicking ‘I Agree’ button or by accessing or using any of the course(s) which you have selected, you are agreeing to the terms of this Agreement.
The term of this Agreement shall commence on the “Effective Date” and shall continue for a term of one (1) year (unless specified otherwise on our website i.e. course duration). Once the term ends, the access to the course will automatically terminate as to the licensed course(s). As a result you will not be able to replay the licensed course(s) at a later time unless you pay a new license fee and once again agree to accept the terms of this Agreement. The “Effective Date” for the purposes of this Agreement is the date when you have entered into sale contract with us.
2. LICENSE AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE
2.1. Subject to any supplemental terms which may apply for specific courses or circumstances as the case may be, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to access and use the course(s) from time to time as made available to you for the purposes mentioned in this Agreement:
- Research or study;
- Providing courses to your clients or students as the case may be.
2.2. Except as specifically provided in this Agreement, you are otherwise prohibited from any unauthorised downloading, storing, reproducing, transmitting, displaying, printing, copying, distributing or using courses.
2.3. All right, title, and interest (including all copyrights and other intellectual property rights) in the courses, its content / materials belongs to us or our suppliers. In no circumstances you acquire ownership of copyright or other intellectual property rights in the courses, its content / materials thereof.
2.4. You must not remove or obscure the copyright notices or any intellectual property rights statements contained in the courses thereof.
2.5. None of the courses or underlying information or technology may be displayed, downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported.
2.6. Other provisions that govern your use of our courses are set forth in your applicable terms and conditions of sale (as the case may be).
2.7. Only authorised users (as authorised by us) shall be entitled to access and use the courses. You will use your unique login credentials to login into your account and access the course that you bought.
2.8. You may not:
- Sub-license, assign, transfer, distribute or rent the courses;
- Use, copy or modify the courses, in whole or in part, except as expressly permitted by us or as mentioned in this Agreement;
- Take any action designed to unlock or bypass any restrictions on number of users or access to the courses;
- Access any of the courses after the end of license term.
There are no implied licenses and you agree not to exceed the scope of the licenses granted herein.
3. CHARGES AND PAYMENTS
You agree to pay all charges for your use of the courses in the currency in which the charges are billed. Charges may be exclusive of value added, sales or other taxes, which you agree to pay as the case may be.
Payments must be made by debit/credit card, bacs or by cheque for access and rights to use the course of your selection.
If payment is not received by us from the card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us. Your card issuer’s agreement governs the use of your use designated card, and you must refer to that agreement and not this Agreement with respect to your rights and liabilities as card holder.
If you decide to enter into part-payment agreement with us, you will adhere to the terms of that agreement. Failure to adhere to the terms of the part-payment agreement, may result in suspension/termination of your access to the course and legal proceedings may be issued against you, to recover any monies due and cover any expenses due to non-compliance.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND REMEDY
Except as specifically stated in this Agreement, all courses are provided “as is” basis and we give no warranties or conditions (express or implied) under this Agreement, including without limitation that courses will be complete and free from errors. The entire risk as to satisfactory quality, performance and accuracy is with you, the authorised user.
We and our suppliers disclaim all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality or fitness for any purpose, particular, specific or otherwise non-infringement of third party intellectual property rights.
Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties and hence the above exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABLITY
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event we or our suppliers be liable to you for any:
- Loss of profits, income, revenue, use or production or anticipated savings;
- Loss of business, contracts or commercial opportunities;
- Special, indirect or consequential loss or damage;
- Losses arising out of force majeure event.
These limitations form the essential part of this agreement.
Upon violation of any terms of this Agreement, your right to access the courses and its materials thereof shall terminate with immediate effect. In normal circumstances (otherwise), this Agreement will terminate as mentioned above in clause 1.
- No breach of any provision of this Agreement will be waived except with the express written consent of the party not in breach.
- If a Clause of this Agreement is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other Clauses of this Agreement will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable Clause would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the Clause will continue in effect (unless that would contradict the clear intention of the parties, in which case the entirety of the relevant Clause will be deemed to be deleted).
- The failure of us or of our suppliers to enforce such provisions hereof shall not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such provision or of their rights to enforce it at a later time.
- This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales; and the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in connection with this Agreement.